Sunday, February 20, 2011

My trip to Indiana

I am sitting watching NASCAR. Not my first choice. But it's Myrtle's, so it's okay. I like it a little bit. We are enjoying a crackling fire as well.





Yesterday I spent a few hours in two planes and quite a bit more in the Detroit airport. I was rather concerned about getting through security, but Christ be praised, I breezed right through. Sitting in both airports waiting for my flights, I spend a good deal of time trying to send emails. Even though my iPod showed there was internet, I could not get connected. And in all my trying, my power was getting low. I was disconnected. I spent time reading instead.

Our plans for the weekend were to eat pizza, play games, and watch movies. We've been very successful at eating some manner of food and watching TV shows that she's taped on her DVR. We could stand to increase the game playing though.

We attended church today and had the Word poured over us. I had a thought today in church about my friendship with Myrtle, that it is an honor for me to be her friend. I get to visit with and spend time with her, share laughs and tears. Win and loose games. Watch our favorite movies together.

And I must say, she has the most beautiful house. It has gorgeous woodwork, great character, spacious rooms, and a laundry chute. It does, however, have forced air heat, a form of heating I don't much care for. Myrtle has also done an excellent job of making this house her home. It is warm and inviting. She has decorated each room just perfectly. And she had a house blessing yesterday to ask God to sanctify her house through His Word, which was read throughout her home.

And I can't leave out her new puppy dog, Amos. He is cute and cuddly, white and fluffy. A perfect dog for her.

No comments: