Sunday, September 13, 2009

Corn, corn and more corn

I have in my freezer over two hundred ears of corn. My parents bought a hundred ears on Thursday, and my mom and I husked, blanched, decobbed and froze it on Friday. And Gary and I bought a hundred ears on Saturday, and my mom and I processed it today. If you're talking corn, we are set for the winter.

Unfortunately and quite sadly for me, I do not have in my hot little hand a learner's permit for riding a motorcycle. We failed to notice that cash is not accepted for payment at the testing center. And of course when we left the house yesterday, we had not taken the check book with us. So we had to leave after realizing that cash or credit was not an option. I never made it back. It was lunch than nap time. Gary went back, because he has less time during the week to go. But he didn't pass. So we both have to go back anyway. I plan to be there first thing Tuesday morning.

No comments: