Friday, October 02, 2009

Ocean City, NJ

Today after lunch we will be heading to Ocean City, NJ. It will be the first trip we will be taking with Gary's mom. We are all excited. Gary, because the shore is his favorite place to go (he is a bit saddened that we didn't make it to the shore when it was actually swimming weather.) The kids, just because. Josh and Ellie get excited to go anywhere. Gary's mom, because it will be her first real break from regular life since Dan got sick 9 years ago, and me, because I will be away from the business of home.

I plan to take all my MomSense magazines that I have neglected to read over the past year. I also have my bag of God books, though I need to get a bigger bag now. Myrtle asked her pastor to send me a hard back copy of The Book of Concord. I have wanted one but didn't feel right asking for one and didn't take the money to buy one. Since I found out he was sending me one, I hoped it would arrive before we left for the shore. It came today! Now I have the treasure of a book and it is a precious gift.

But before I have the chance to read it at the shore, I have to get ourselves packed.

No comments: