Monday, June 07, 2010

Volunteer

I helped Myrtle this weekend. She needed someone to help her make it through the impossible day her boss is making her work through. I took pictures, did tasks, drove, swiped cookies. I even got my own volunteer lanyard. I felt important.

I rented a car so Gary could still have ours. It was cheaper than taking the train. I got to drive a Nissan Cube. They are odd cars. Very open in the front, so if you're claustrophobic, check one out. It also has no pick up. While on the highway, I actually had the petal to the metal and could barely feel the car increase speed.

Through Skype I met Papa Dore and his family, now her new family. I was able to pray Compline with them two nights, and ask some questions and receive some encouragement. We even Skyped with some of the siblings and prayed many Psalms, including Psalm 119, the longest one.

Thanks be to God.

No comments: