Saturday, June 04, 2011

Chain saw time



I cut up the tree today.









Gary built more wall. (I forgot to take a daytime photo.)








The kids dragged branches for extra pay. And posed for photos.

The log they are posing on rolled a good 70 feet down the hill once it was cut free from the rest of the trunk. From Gary's angle, it was a bit unsettling.
















Here they are writing in there journal books about where the logs and branches were suppose to go.







The chain saw's chain stopped spinning. To fix it, the chain needs to cool down. I was done cutting . . . with the modern convenience.

I picked up my axe. Actually cutting a tree apart (or small branch in my case) is not quite as easy as using an axe for splitting wood.

1 comment:

Myrtle said...

Pioneer woman!