Monday, February 03, 2014

Where to begin?

Last week I had a birthday.  And opened our store.  It has been a lot of work to get the store ready to open.  It isn't even all the way ready yet.  I guess it will not ever be "ready."  There will always be something to do.  But it is open for business.

Today we had bunches of snow.  Kids had off.  They built a fort, complete with a slide and umbrellas, out front with their neighborhood friends.  It is quite impressive.  Josh also rolled three giant snowballs.  It took both Gary and me to lift the two onto the other to make a giant snowman.  Another impressive snow creation.


Today was my cooking day.  Even with the kids home from school (they were actually outside playing for much of) I managed to make chicken farro soup, chicken Devan, macaroni and cheese, and mayonnaise, and fold several baskets of laundry.  The extra cooking is for while I am away with my mom, visiting my bestest friend.  My dad and Gary are playing Mr. Mom.  I wanted to make things easier, so I made most of three dinners for them.  The kids clothes are all washed and mostly all folded.  Lunches will be bought at school.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we can leave after the kids go to school Wednesday. 

Tomorrow I get to figure out how to juggle the kids (two hour delay,) the store (opens before the two hour delay,) an appointment (now same time as school opening,) getting the car wipers fixed (didn't like the heavy snow,) and make it to the library (books on tape for drive to Indiana.) 

Good times.

No comments: