Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My toilet seat is warm.

Why, you might ask, am I sharing about the temperature of my toilet seat?

Well, let me tell you. You see, we have a powder room that is in the back corner of our house. It was put in many years after the house was built, so unlike the rest of the house it only has baseboard heat. It is really quite ineffective and inefficient. Hence the room is rather cold. The toilet seat takes after cold-blooded animals, by being the temperature of the surroundings. Which means that it also is rather chilly.

My husband had a great idea of putting our portable radiator heater in the adjoining "mud" room. The powder room warmed up some, but that toilet seat was being stubborn. I decided to put the heater in the powder room, even if it took up a fair piece of space.

Well, let me just say that after using the powder room just now, my toilet seat was warm.