Sunday, March 30, 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, the anomaly. Sometime several weeks ago, I got the notion that I might like to watch some of P's beloved sci-fi. While visiting my husband's friend, I noticed they had season 1, 2 and 3 of Stargate SG -1. I borrowed the first season and have been hooked ever since. I mentioned my new found like of the show to P, and she proceeded to buy the entire series. She's had it on her Amazon.com wish list for a while and saw the price drop dramatically, so she made a purchase. During the time I was with P at the cabin, from Friday to the following Saturday, we managed to watch nearly five seasons of the show. We had a blast watching together and laughing at the witty lines of the characters. I have missed her company while watching them alone. I find myself wanting to turn to her and share a laugh at something someone said or guessing the plot and being right.

Since I have become a fan of Stargate SG-1 and have been watching practically nonstop (P sacrificed watching her new purchase and left the series with me for my viewing pleasure,) I've managed to hook G into my obsession. He said today that he wants to watch them now. I don't mind him wanting to watch them with me, mind you, but it does put a cramp into my watching progress, since he works all day, and I can sit in front of the TV or computer all day.