Sunday, September 25, 2011

We like pizza, so we keep trying

Friday - My dad (happy birthday!) was burning old papers of my grandmothers in the outside fireplace. I suggested to make a wood fire, find a grate and cook our pizza over the open fire. I started mixing the dough around 4:00. I think we were all done cooking pizza around 8:30.


Here are the first and second pizzas. The first one didn't agree with the grate and became a stromboli. We lined the grate with foil and tried again. With a lack of space, the second one became a stuffed crust pizza.






The foil blocked the heat too much. So we tried the stone wear. That worked well.









Turned out that the foil worked better on top. Here is pizza number three.









End of the line. Half of pizza three and pizza four.









An unrelated photo.

The King and Queen, with their housewarming crowns, posing with the papersmith.

1 comment:

Claire Boyles said...

Looks like fun! We miss you guys!