Friday, November 25, 2005

Another Thanksgiving with my father's family. There were 20 of us. The table has grown to accommodate us all. My daughter wanted mama or daddy at first, but by the end of the night she was tooling around not worried about the whereabouts of her parents.

My cousin's husband is a developer and recently bought some land with lake. He mentioned selling off some of it to specific people. Two being us. But sometimes you can't take him seriously. So, we won't hold our breath. Thought it would be great if he did offer us a parcel, not that we could afford it.

The dinner was wonderful, many yummy dishes. The stuffing was tasty, with almonds. My grandmother made her tangy cranberry holiday salad. My cousin made her apple and pumpkin pies. Everyone went on and on about my husband's pumpkin bread. They thought it delicious. He thought when he tried the first bite that it was a flop. I made sure everyone knew he made the goodies. He even got requests for the recipe. He spiced it up a bit. He likes to do that to recipes.

We went home with full bellies and happy hearts.