Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I guess you could say I am back into my Mommy role.

I missed my girl and husband very much when I was in Italy. Though I had a good time, it was hard to not be with them.

Rome was full of history, architecture, and columns. Florence had an art flare. Venice had water.

Rome - colosseum, Palatine Hill, the Forum, Pompeii, metro

Florence - art museum (David), duomo, many steps, bus

Venice - island tour, Doge's Palace, bridges, water bus

Does that sum it up? Not really, but can I say it all?

Ah yes, one more piece of advice about Italy. Beware of crossing streets in Rome. It could be hazardous to your health. Even our guide book warned us. You cannot assume "walk" signs will give you the right or way, you must walk out confidently, glaring at drivers. They will stop or at least swerve. Now Florence was much better with the right to walk when the walk signs were green. And Venice, well . . . remember, it's a carless city. Here you just need to remember to cross a canal where there are bridges, and you'll be fine.