Saturday, April 11, 2009

New Growth

I recently discovered that a Poinsettia plant we had from Christmas, that I had "let go," has some new tiny leaves on it. It seems it does not want me to compost it just yet. I hadn't watered it in some time and thought it was done for, but apparently even without the benefit of water the thing has held on. I looked closely at the stems and, surprise, it has new buds. So I commenced watering again.

Gary discovered another bit of new growth in a lilac bush we thought was dead. Gary's step-mom, Judy, dug up a shoot off of her lilac for us. I planted it and didn't water it enough (my problem with plants.) It's leaves shriveled and fell off. All we had left was a few twigs. We didn't bother removing it, though. But alas, Gary pointed out to me this very day, that there are tiny new green buds on it.

Two plants I thought were finished have proved me wrong and shown new growth.

No comments: