Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Values

Yesterday at MOPS, we talked about our values. Although it wasn't a sit back and listen meeting, which this busy mom enjoys, it was very helpful to think about my values, go through and identify them, and consider if I am living them.

During group discussion, I decided several things. I am living what I value. What I value is what I want to value. As a mom of two preschoolers, I can't currently live everything I value.

This last thought was brought to me by a mom who has had to re-evaluate her values since she was diagnosed with stage four cancer. She had her pre-child values, pre-cancer values, and her current values. And her hope is to have post-cancer values, where she can once again live values she has had to put on hold.

For some reason, I hadn't thought that even though I could not necessarily live out certain values I hold, they were not less important to me now.

No comments: