Friday, November 13, 2009

Leaves all around

I decided that our leaf population had increased to an unreasonable high. I got out the rake and the bags, cleaned up the dog poop, and got to raking. Josh helped.


Here are the leaves I raked off the street. If you look closely, you can see that these are 99% oak leaves. We have maple trees. All these leaves aren't even ours. They belong across the street.






Ellie home from school, showing off her tongue and the cleaned up sidewalk and street. I didn't get to finish all the raking by the time she got home, but I at least got them off the sidewalk and street. You can see them on the far left of the picture covering the grass.



Did I mention that I walked Ellie to the bus not once, not twice, but three times this morning? Yesterday I finally got the schedule they said I would have last week. First Student transports students for Penn View Christian School and Grace Christian school. So the schedule is different when the other school is closed, as it was today. The last time Penn View didn't have school, we didn't know about the different schedule (the note not getting home to us.) I thought surely today will go fine, we have the altered schedule, which states the stop - York and Cannon, and time - 7:45 am. I was at the appropriate corner by 7:40 am. By about 7:57, I walked back home with Josh and Ellie to give ol' First Student a call. The bus driver claimed he was at the stop at 7:45, and I reminded her that wasn't true. She told me the bus would be there in 10 minutes. I walked back to the stop with both kids and waited another 15 minutes. At 8:30 (when her school starts,) I headed back home again, kids in tow. Another call, another promise that the bus would be coming in 5 minutes, we went back to stop. Before I even got there (we walk down our street, then turn and walk another block,) the bus was headed by on the cross street. I had to wave to him to wait. Good thing there is a stop sign. But she got on the bus.

I am quite put out with First Student, if you couldn't tell.

No comments: