Thursday, August 12, 2010

Garbage is another matter

There are exactly two garbage haulers we can sign up with. Both have restrictions on the weight of our garbage. 30lbs. The can can't weigh more than 30 pounds. If you ask me, that is just plan stupid. Not the weight restriction, but that it's only 30 lbs. Who's garbage can weighs under thirty pounds? Josh weighs more than that.

As you can tell, I am a bit put out about it. And if you miss a garbage pick up? What do you do? Two weeks of garbage definitely weighs more than 30lbs. We could just pay per bag, but then everything has to be in a bag. And I find that wasteful. I'd use more bags than necessary.

I think I am most upset, in that I don't really have any options. Both garbage haulers have the 30lb. limit. I personally think it should be 50lbs.

But no one thought to consult me on the matter.

1 comment:

Sweendog13 said...

Teh recycle collector where I live wont take itif there is a cap on the can. Even though they gave us huge Yellow stickers to put on them that say RECYCLING. Even if these idiots ca't read they should recognizde the color yellow. Also when you leave the cap off like they asked it blows all over my street. so i pretty much gave u recycling until they have a better system.