Monday, August 02, 2010

Our second week here

This is our second week here. I am hardly missing Lansdale. I am enjoying the quite solitude of being in the woods. Except for when there is discontent between the siblings (Ellie and Josh have been at each other more with this move. After this weekend, we are staying up here for awhile) and at night.

Night time here is unsettling for me. While we are still up, I am usually fine. But when I am laying in bed, and not asleep yet or I wake in the middle of the night, I hear EVERY noise and creak and crack and who-knows-what outside. My heart starts beating a bit faster, as my mind starts it's illogical and/or irrational thinking. I plan to install motion sensor lights out back to go along with the one out front. I also looked up alarm systems.

Although we have two AC units in the windows, I don't like the idea of using AC up here. I can't hear the sounds of the woods with an AC humming and all the windows closed, and I want to hear those sounds. And with all the trees, it stays cooler in the cabin anyways. At least so far it has.

The sounds of the woods are quite pleasant to my ears in the day, but definitely not so much at night.

The first photo is the side yard and the second one is the back yard.

1 comment:

J said...

I didn't realize you had moved there! Will the cabin be your new home?