Monday, July 11, 2011

Rainbow chard

What in the world do you do with rainbow chard? You saute it in olive oil, and garlic slices of coarse, seasoning with salt, pepper and butter.

I finally cooked our one set of greens (we still have collard greens, I think anyway, to do something with) from last Wednesday's CSA. Gary and I weren't very optimistic to it being very tasty. But we were wrong. It definitely tasted different than I thought it would.

I actually had a small second helping. And Josh liked it. Ellie, not so much.

And along with our chard was a lovely turkey dinner saved from Thanksgiving I found in the freezer while cleaning it out Friday.

Freezer - just a little bit emptier, now. That's my goal. To clean it out this week.

Author's note: The above photo is not our chard. Ours was much more limpy and not as fresh looking since it sat around a while.

2 comments:

City Sister said...

I use it just like spinach...ooh spinach pie... one pack cream cheese one onion sauteed 3 eggs and about 1/2 lb of chard in a pie crust...yummo.

Becky said...

Thanks. I'll have to try that.