Sunday, July 31, 2011

Well here it is

For something to do, I decided to head to Lansdale for a week and send the kids to VBS at our church there. After a rough first hour, the kids immensly enjoyed themselves. As did I. On my five kid-less mornings, I got to spend time with my mom and mom-in-law and see old friends.

The week before, our car was done, but a snafu with the check from the innsurance agency had me driving the rental to my parents and leaving my beloved CRV in the Poconos. Once the rental was returned on Monday, I had no car but was able to use my parents' car.

Gary's birthday fell during the week we'd be in Lansdale, so I made him a shoo fly pie on Friday and the kids made him cards. Unfortunately for him, he felt awful when he got home from work and went to bed for a while. The rest did him good, and he was able to get a bite of dinner and have dessert with us. The kids are terrible birthday secret keepers. Actually Ellie's pretty good, Josh not so much.



Then on Saturday we went to my cousin's for a picnic. And I got creative with my camera.








And Sunday found us at Gary's dad's house. And Ellie received a doll house for her birthday.

No comments: