Monday, August 22, 2011

My Servants

Ellie informed me that she and Josh are my servants today. I thought OK, we'll see how long that lasts.

As I sat in my room reading my Bible, I could hear them scurrying about in the kitchen. When I came out, I was admonished to go back in and not look at what they were doing. I heard Josh say, "She can't see the Cheerios."

Now I am sitting having breakfast . . . in bed. They again told me they were my servants and to ask them for whatever I wanted. It's my day off. The only thing I have to do is drive when we go somewhere.

Ellie's popped in my room a couple times asking if I need something. Currently they are saying their own grace and eating a breakfast they got ready.

I like it that the kids are getting more independent. Doing more things for themselves. Part of my job as a parent is to let them slowly have their independence and teach them how to properly behave with it.

No comments: