Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Cherry Pie

Yesterday, my girl stood and pitted 6 cups of cherries.  A bit ago, Gary mentioned that he wouldn't mind having cherry pie. 

Normally, I make my cherry pies using pie filling from a can, to avoid the tediousness of pitting cherries.  But with moving towards eating real food, I decided I should use the actual fruit, not from a can.  Especially with cherries being in season right now.  So while at the store on Monday, we bought some cherries. 

But still the work of pitting cherries was hindering my moving forward with pie making.

When I reminded Ellie that we still had a pie to make, she got out a cutting board and knife and started pitting.  And stuck with it until we had enough. 



It was a juicy job, and Ellie got a little creative. (It's on her face.  You can kind of see it.)

I don't know how many times I wiped up cherry juice from all around her.

But she did not complain.  She did not stop.  She keep at it. 



And when Ellie bakes, she celebrates!  This is Gary's early birthday pie.

We had candles and sang "Happy Birthday."

No comments: