Monday, May 23, 2005

Here's the kicker.

It should have taken us three hours to get home.

But, no. We didn't pull up to our house until 4 hours and 23 minutes after we drove away from my friend's house. Give or take a minute.

We had construction traffic. We had toll booth traffic. And all after 9 pm on a Sunday night.

Our weekend was not as peaceful as we would have liked, but we were never told that our life would always be peachy keen.

We had circumstances that were less than peachy.

But as I try to remember, my life is as my attitude is. I wanted a positive weekend, so my attitude needed to be positive. I needed to look at the things that went right.

I was able to visit with my friend. She got to see my daughter crawl and growl. (Yes, I know, she really does growl.) We had some surprise adventures. My husband got a chance to see my friend's finished basement, and all the work she has put into the house. We are ready to go with our Mount Vernon passes. I got to play Phase Ten. We watched some movies. We had a great food selection and superb meals. I felt appreciated and loved. I didn't have to change as many diapers.