Monday, July 18, 2005

My daughter will hardly eat.

We went to the cabin this weekend. Gary accomplished much on the stone wall. In fact it is finished. The driveway is cleared. The two flowerbeds, void of flowers lest it become a deer buffet, are quite beautifully bedecked with ferns and moss.

My daughter still chose to eat a portion of her normal amount. I think the most frustrating part is that she sometimes won't even open her mouth to find out what is coming.

We picked blueberries. Watched some movies. We were going to go swimming in the lake, but there was a high E. coli count, and the beach was closed.

I like swimming in the lake. There is no squishy bottom, just smooth rocks. I also like taking the boat out. But there is no boat in the water. It is slowly rotting, sitting unused since my grandfather got too sick to care for it. No one else is able to take care of it.

Maybe I will take care of it. Somehow.