Friday, August 19, 2005

Here I sit at my own computer. In my own house.

I slept in my own bed. I showered in my own shower, where I didn't have to pay (in Telluride, if you wanted a warm shower you had to pay $2:00 for 5 minutes.)

I got to put my daughter down for a nap in her own crib. I also got to take a nap.

An aside . . . that wonderful cargo bag . . . got a rip in it on the way home. I took it back today.

I guess I should be more specific on our travels. The state of Colorado is beautiful.

The Black Canyon of the Gunnison is very deep, and it is steep. There are streaks of color in the rock. The power of water.
And the sunrise at our campsite was magnificent.

Next was our stop at rainy Telluride. Although it rained most of the time we were here, the town was beautiful. We also rode the gondola up the mountain. The view, when the clouds were parted, was spectacular.

Next stop . . . Durango. We camped in a great spot. There was grass on which the kids to play, the train went by right next to our campsites, and we went to visit Mesa Verde NP.

Then we ended our tour of Colorado at The Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve. Here we fought winds, more rain, and flash flooding to get to the visitor center. After the storm blew through, there was a freshness about the park. And in the morning we went and played in the sand.

That is our trip, except for the exciting three-day drive out and back. I cannot fully explain the beauty I saw, or the fabulous time I had with my family, but beauty was all around me, and I shared it with my family.