Monday, October 17, 2005

This weekend was very nice. I saw my friends from college, we bought pumpkins, and went to the cabin. They day on Saturday was beautiful, with blue skies, a fall breeze. Autumn is in the air. I also had a surprise visit from my very good friend. She also changed my girl's stinky diaper. Anyone who is willing to do that is okay in my book.

We relaxed at the cabin. We had a fire. I needed to relocate three spider egg sacks, because mama spider thought the fireplace was a good spot for them. I used a leaf blower for the first time, and let me tell you, I could do it again. It was quite fun to watch those leaves blow around. My daughter rode on my back and helped sweep leaves off the porch and gather firewood. I think next time we go to the cabin, she should be able to explore on her own. She is nearly walking all be herself.

After church on Sunday, we headed to the apple orchard and bought cider, apple cider doughnuts, and eating and baking apples. Everything was delicious - we of course had a doughnut in the car and drank some cider with lunch.

My husband took off this morning, so we could stay over last night. I also had us pose for our picture on the rock. I think we be doing that yearly. I always enjoy staying at the cabin. Such great memories.