Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Today my girl and I went for a walk. She is still learning to walk on her own. She does rather well holding on to something and can go 5 feet or so all by herself. This afternoon she used her walker - a toy she can push while walking. It also has a place to put things.

On our walk she found some leaves and a stick. The stick came home with us, though she discarded once at our front door. She did very well with her walking. The only times being carried were across a drive isle and when she insisted on going up someone else's steps. She has learned to steer her walker, so when she ran into the grass, she was usually able to get back on the sidewalk.

The walk around our court, which would take a me about 10 minutes, took my daughter and me 45 minutes. She walks slow, finds distractions, and does not walk in a straight line.
But we had a good time, mother and daughter.