Tuesday, October 25, 2005

We put in a lot of walking today. We did a 2 hour walking tour in about 7 hours. Maybe a little less. But we saw lots of fun things. We were walking down the via (road) and there it was - a really cool building, columns and all. We saw the Pantheon. I don't remember all the scenes in the movie "Roman Holiday" with Audrey Hepburn, but I think we may have seen at least one today.

We also dawdled at one of the piazzas (squares) where many vendors sat with their wares. We ate dinner at a ristorante on one side of the piazza. Oh yeah, guess what I got? Nope. Nope. No. I'll tell you. A tattoo.

It's a henna tattoo and will last 20-25 days. It is the Chinese symbol for patience, and it's on the base of my neck. My friend got a groovy design around her wrist.

Can I just say we did an awful lot of walking today? A whole lot. Tomorrow is The Vatican Museum and the Catacombs. Then Wednesday, it's off to Florence.

I would like to wash my pants. We have not investigated any laundry facilities, and my pants selection grows dirty. We may have to wait until Florence, where if I read correctly our hotel has a laundry service.

I vowed to be in bed before midnight, so I am off to bed. Bellanotte.