Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I spent over 30 minutes in line at Wal-Mart last night. I was just a bit perturbed over that. Especially when while waiting in one of the three long lines, a self checkout line light went on. I thought, no wait. But when I got to the check-out, there was a closed sign on the conveyer belt. So, back to the long lines I went, farther back and people with more stuff in front of me this time.

But then looking over at the self-check out lines again, there was one man checking out and another waiting. So back over I went. Halfway through checking out, a Wal-Mart employee tells me this lane is closed. I say the light is on and two people already went through. She was rather indignant as she handed me back my things that I already rang up. She canceled out my order, and told me that Customer Service could help me. Why I couldn't just finish my purchase, I don't know. Obviously if two people went through in front of me, I could have too.

So, then I went to Customer Service. But waiting in line there, I thought that I really shouldn't be in this line. I didn't have a return or a problem, save that Wal-Mart should have had more than three regular lines and one 12 items or less lines open. So, I went back over to a regular line to wait. And wait. And wait. And get this. While I was in line waiting, they closed one of the regular lines.

I guess that if you are a shopper after 10:00 pm, expect to wait a long time to check out. You'd think with 14 more shopping days until Christmas, they would have more lines open. On my way out I picked up a Customer Satisfaction paper to fill out.

Did I mention that I had a hungry infant with me?