Monday, March 05, 2007

I think I am on the mend, but I still am blowing my nose more frequently than I'd like. J is still snuffly, E has now caught the cold, but G is putting up a good fight. Today, I went to our early service, and G went to the later one, while the kiddos stayed home. E was a bit upset about that. She wanted to go to church. Instead, she had a big tantrum.

G has a big project due at work and has been working long hours, so he really cares not to get sick just now. Though with his lack of sleep, he is more prone. The project's due on Tuesday, so you know he'll wake up Wednesday unable to breath, with a sore throat. He's at work now, and I should be in bed. But I have the chance to write, so I am.

I forgot to mention that last night G and I had a chance to actually sit, play a game, and have a meaningful conversation. It was really nice. It has not happened in a while, and I assuredly miss it. Sometimes I feel unconnected with him, like we co-habitat, but our relationship is hiding from us. Caring for kids drains energy and time. Our marriage and our parenting needs to be in balance.