Friday, January 04, 2008

In case you were wondering, my computer still has Millennium operating systems on it. The first code didn't work. The second code didn't work. Hopefully today I will get a third code that will work.

And I did a fishing expedition today at 7:45 AM. P keeps telling me that I need to put the router higher and less hidden. So this morning when I went to go online, and and I couldn't because the router was off (we cut power to it at night and have decided to try to be more energy conscience and unplug other things that draw power unnecessarily.)

I climbed in the cabinet, pulled out the router, untangled all the cords, dangled the ether net cable that goes between the router and the computer down the back of the computer cabinet, found the end through the small opening, fastened the ether net cable that goes from the router box to the other thing to it. I then proceeded to pull both cables back up. I connected them both to the router, guessing about which one went in which port, because I forgot to pay attention when I unplugged them. I then dangled the cable back down to connect it to the computer. This attempt took two trys. With all cables hooked up, I then dangled the power adapter down, found it through the hole, and plugged it in. Now everything was set. I came in the dining room to check on my work. I was able to log on using my laptop with 58% signal. Last night, with the router in a more sheltered environment, the signal was about 28%. We'll see if this helps.