Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Where could they be?

There was a very important question in our household that needed to be solved. And it was of great import that it be answered. Where are our rally towels?

Thursday night we rallied our Phillies to their victory using our rally towels. [I shook mine more than Gary did.] At the end of the game, we folded them nicely and placed them on the table to await the next game, Friday night at 8:22 PM. Sometime during the day on Friday, I realized they were missing. Gone. Vanished. It was nap time so I couldn't consult my daughter of their whereabouts, since she likes to "acquire" things to herself. We didn't find them.

We were resolved to watch our Phillies play Friday night without the support of the towels. They did win, however.

On Saturday I did some more looking. Upstairs, downstairs, in the basement, in all the little places a child might stick something. Nothing. Where in the world did they get to?

On Sunday I was really perplexed that they still hadn't turned up! Ellie was awake when I remembered they were still missing, so I asked about them. She said she put them in a bag to take to Aunt Sissy's house. That was no help, since the bags I looked in revealed no rally towels. I employed the children to help look through their toys more thoroughly, which they heartily agreed to, since it involved being able to empty the contents of the toy cabinet onto the floor. Especially great fun for Josh. Nothing. I was convinced that Ellie had a lot to do with their whereabouts, so I took another look into her things. I actually removed objects in bags instead of peering inside. And what to my wondering eyes should appear? Two rally towels waiting to be shaken in victory!

Unfortunately the Phillies outing on Sunday left all fans wondering how they ever even got to the NLCS. They couldn't hit a ball even if it was on a tee.

Now apparently they had a sound talking to, because last night Jimmy Rollins actually hit the ball and so did many other players, to take the Phillies to a win. Our rally towels were flying!

We might actually make it to the World Series.

I do have one comment: The 8:22 PM game times are really messing up our get to bed by 10:00 PM thing.

Oh yeah, one more thing: I am on the computer this morning due to MOPS stuff needing to be done, being up a little early, and Ellie having already eaten.

No comments: