Friday, October 10, 2008

We aren't getting to bed at exactly 10:00, but we are doing way better than before. It's before 10:30, though. [Except for last night. If any of you follow baseball, than you'd know why. Our Fightin' Phils won the first game in the NLCS. Today's game is at 4:35, so bedtime won't be interrupted.]

My devotional time isn't happening every day in the morning, and I missed one day.

My computer time thing is going great. Interestingly, I get more done when I don't have kids underfoot. Who would have thought that! So, I get more done with less time spent on the computer. I'm practically giddy with all this extra time.

I am still reading the Shepherding book, and looking forward to implementing it's Biblical teachings. I still have to go through and memorize, or for right now, write down the Bible passages I want to use immediately. The two I am quoting to my children now are Ephesians 6:1 "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right," and Ephesians 4:32 "Be kind to one another." They need to know that I am not coming up with this, but it is from God.

1 comment:

J said...

That's great!
We put a few verses around Adah's room, printed in big letters, and she actually asks us to read them to her. :-) And, if we mention the reference she can point to the right poster. All this to say, it comes quickly to us as parents when our kids help us remember to read them. And, the more you say them in instruction, the more you remember them, too. SO great!