Thursday, July 01, 2010

An open house?

It's been seven days since it was suggested to have an open house while we were on vacation. Our realtor (who's name is also Gary, so will be referred to as Gary C.) thought that it would be a splended idea. I have been going crazy thinking my house will never be Martha Stewart ready for an open house before we leave for vacation. I doubt it would ever be Martha Stewart ready any time.

Well, I came to my senses and I said enough. No way am I going to break my back scrubbing this house anymore, while trying to pack for vacation. If I have time to do an extra thorough cleaning, and hide all the extra stuff lying around in the attic, and the garage, and the basement, than fine, if not, then people will just see our dust and dirt and our stuff. And I am okay with that.

Today I did a little extra while vacuuming upstairs. I decided I would rid the ceilings of the stray spiderwebs and dust. I don't often look up at the ceilings since I mostly give 3 foot people my attention. Do people really look up at open houses, anyway? Martha Stewart probably would.

No comments: