Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A new washing experience

Last week the washer decided to break. It wouldn't stop filling the tub with water. I had started a load of sheets and went upstairs to help Ellie get ready for school. When Gary left for work at least an hour later, he decided to check something in the cellar. The washer was still filling up. Water was covering the floor.

I called Dad later to ask him to see what deals Lowes had. He called back later to say he and Mom would buy a new washer, he had one picked out and would I be home Thursday for it to be delivered. Well, if someone is going to buy me a new washer, I'll be home whenever I need to be.

I was secretly hoping for a front loader. But it isn't. It's just as good. It is a top-loading, low water washer. I really like it. A lot.







Here is a label on the inside of the lid that compare it to a regular top-loader. And it shows the low water.

I did at least 3 loads the day it came. The next day I did a load and it got stuck. It wouldn't unlock the door and it wouldn't continue in the cycle. I called Whirlpool. The helpful lady said to unplug it for a few minutes to reset it. It didn't work. So, on the second day I have this wonderful machine, I also have a work order. For Monday. But it's Friday. My wet load would be sitting for three days. Stinky. I decided to try the reset option again. I unplugged it and went upstairs. When I came back (longer than a few minutes) and plugged it in, it did reset.

No comments: