Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Rip roaring

That's how my new doctor described my sinus infection.

I knew I had to see a doctor today. Last night not sleeping was too much. But since moving up here, we haven't found one. They aren't on every corner around here. One I did call was not taking any more patients.

But while driving home from Dickson City, I passed a building that used to be my grandparents' doctor's office. I saw "family practice" on the sign and turned around at the next road. I called Myrtle to look up the number since it wasn't on the sign and Josh was sleeping. They could take me right away, so I woke Josh and went in.

The doctor was very friendly, and I liked him right away. He asked if I got infections often. I do. He took a look at my sinuses with a nose scope thingy. I didn't so much care to have something go up my nose. He did however find that I have a deviated septum and could have medical surgery (meaning covered by insurance) to fix it.

And not have as many infections.

Upon leaving the doctor's, I headed straight for CVS. I am now armed with an antibiotic, probiotics, and a nasal decongestant to fight this wretched infection.

4 comments:

Claire Boyles said...

I'm glad you went in, but how old is this guy? I mean, has anyone else said "rip roaring" since, like, the Second World War? Feel better!

Becky said...

Thank you. I don't quite feel better yet. But soon. He's about 50, so maybe his parents like that phrase.

Myrtle said...

Better now? Hope soon!

Myrtle said...

BTW, FWIW, I vote for surgery. Having spent the past few years counting colds and such all winter long, I am thinking your life could be significantly easier with things cleared out/straightened up so to speak.