Thursday, February 23, 2012

First Days

Both Ellie's and Gary's first days went well.

Ellie
We toured the elementary school before she started. It looks a whole lot different from when I went there. Though she just may well sit in the same seats I did at lunch. Those chairs and tables are indestructible.

Her teacher is the same teacher my brother had. She went willingly to class after we got the principal to take her, since she didn't remember where to go.

It takes about 5 minutes to walk her to school. I remember it taking a lot longer. When we picked her up the first day, she hugged her teacher before she left. I have enjoyed walking to take and get her from school. She enjoys walking with the girls across the street more than with me.

Gary
Gary's first week has gone well. He has his own office, complete with an actual desk, a drafting table, bookshelves, a closet, and a bathroom. He has to dress nicer, which means more ironing for me. He likes it so far. This new place is much more organized and has a better atmosphere.
He has a longer commute, even though it's about the same distance away, since there are about a million more cars on the road.

No comments: