Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Giardino Burgers

Last week, Ellie informed me she knew what we could have for dinner.  She even printed out a recipe.  I took a look.  She wanted to have Chef Pisghetti's Giardino Burgers.

Now for those of you who don't have anyone in your life who watches Curious George, you probably don't know who this chef is.  He is George's chef friend.  And he apparently inspired Ellie.

Ellie isn't usually the one to help me cook, so I made sure to follow through with her idea.  We even went shopping for ingredients.  She was very into it.  She took the recipe and mentally checked off the items as we found them and informed me of the ones we had at home that did not need to be purchased.  She also relayed the extra comments she heard from Chef Pisghetti himself from the website where she found the recipe.

Then we went home and made some burgers.  I enjoyed cooking with her, even though I figured that these burgers would probably not get eaten.  For these burgers were chick pea burgers, and I already knew Gary wouldn't like them.  The kids were not put off by the look of them, which surprised me.  Upon Gary's arrival home, I touted Ellie's efforts in dinner planning, prep and cooking, showed him the recipe, and told him he was eating one whether he liked it or not. 

I thought they were okay and even better if eaten with something else.  Josh liked them, Ellie took one bite and didn't want anymore.  And Gary ate it with a smile, not disliking it as much as he thought he would. 

1 comment:

Myrtle said...

Maybe you could find a cooking class that the two of you could take. Or maybe you could find some other mothers who would create a cooking group where you each take a class to teach the others some favorite dish.

I really do love all the Ellie updates of late!