Tuesday, September 10, 2013

What to do

I have my days free, at least for now.  My children are in school.  All day.  I have thought and thought about what I shall do with my days now.

I can make a schedule.  Laundry and grocery-shopping-list making on Monday.  Shopping on Tuesday.  Vacuuming and steam mopping on Wednesday.  Baking, ironing and TV watching here and there, and so on.

Yesterday I was reminded that I could join a Bible study.  I was late, but I joined a study of the book of Psalms.  My friend, Myrtle, who in her own words "loves the Psalter like a loon," finds great comfort and peace in its pages.  Knows them inside out and upside down.  She knows which ones pray comfort to a trembling soul, which ones pray rejoicing with one full of praise.  I have learned from her the importance of praying the Psalter.

Today I was reminded of how I can use my time to help others.  In volunteer work at the kids' school, I enjoyed re-shelving books last year.  I got to know the Dewey decimal system better.  I haven't quite mastered it yet, so I need to keep volunteering.  I was also blessed to see my kids on the days they had library.  They love me being there.  I have other volunteering options and helping others ideas in mind.

I am trying to find employment, even in its smallest measurement.  I would like to work some of the days that the kids are in school, but there isn't much out there for that time slot.  I have applied, I've interviewed, I haven't heard back.  Or I have applied and I've never heard back.  Very frustrating.  We are also trying to do more with Kulp's Spices.  Right now we have a stand at the Lansdale Farmer's Market.  We hope to put some of our products in local stores and start an Internet store.  To do these, we need to get the attic in shape.  To do that we need to clean it out.  Right now I have been ignoring the attic and barely glance at the door as I pass it.



3 comments:

Myrtle said...

Wish I were there so I could whip your attic into shape. I do know...from experience...the more you whip the easier it gets. Eventually.

I FULLY support more Kulp's Spices. I have been mourning the last drop of Kulp's Vanilla. I also need me some more of the garlic seasoning salt. Plus, well, I'm waiting for Gary to bring out a line of rubs for meat, particularly for chicken! :)

Becky said...

I thought I sent you more of the seasoning salt. Oh. No, it was the smoked grilling herbs I sent you. I might possibly think they are better.

Becky said...

And the smoked grilling herbs make an excellent rub!