Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Finding a job


I have never had so much frustration in finding a job as right now. 

My first job was as a cashier at "I Got it at Gary's," a store like Walgreens, but bigger.  I worked there in high school to earn money for my trip to Europe.  Once I earned what I needed, I quit. 

I believe my second job was my campus events job in college.  Then a cashier at The Green Baron, a garden supply place.  Then JC Penney, working in the stockroom.

Then back to college in campus events.  Then a summer job teaching at science camp.  Then I worked for my dad.  [That was a hard job to get.  ;)   Didn't even have to fill out a stupid application.]  Then my professional job of teaching science.

All during this time I did babysitting jobs. 

I don't recall having any trouble getting these jobs.  I found the ad, applied and was hired.

Then on August 1, 2004, I started my all time best, most fulling, hardest, super fun, most frustrating, keep me guessing job of my life.  I became a mom.  And then again on November 17, 2006.

There are no words to really describe being a mom, because there are so many feelings and emotions rolled into that one.

Aaahhhh.  Hmmm.

Okay, now back to the paycheck job issue.  In the last year, I have filled out so many applications, I can't even count how many.  I detest filling out applications.  Personally, I think there should be a form application that all employers are to use.  Because, really they all ask for the same basic information: Name and address, school history, work history, references.  Why must I fill out a new application each time?  I say, there should be one application to be filled out on the computer and then print it for each job to which I want to apply.  Then if they want more information, I can fill out something else.

Sometimes I even have filled out multiple applications, each asking for basically the same information.  All this for one position.  Very annoying. 

I hear from people. I have interviews.  And then nothing.  No word back.  Not. A. Word.

I have had people reach out to me to work for them.  A few emails back and forth, a phone conversation, and then nothing,  One lady even stood me up on the meeting we were to have.  I went to her house, and nobody was home.  I haven't heard from her.  Not a word of apology.

It's frustrating and discouraging.  And I know I am not the only one. 





No comments: