Sunday, October 13, 2013

Not so much a non-stick pan.

Here is my Orgreenic pan.  Looks lovely and non-sticky like.  But ohhh, looks can be deceiving.  I bought the pan primarily to cook eggs.  Frankly, I greatly dislike eggs sticking to a pan.  So, I jumped up and down when I saw a pan that had no dangerous chemical coating,
could cook an egg and it just slip right out of the pan.


When I had the money, I bought one.  But remember, looks can be deceiving and that includes commercials.  Despite my best efforts and following the instructions, my eggs continue to stick to that blasted Orgreenic pan.  However, sauteing veggies and cooking a grill cheese is like a dream.   


I saw another ceramic pan and wondered about it's non-stick properties.  I might just be at the  beginning of my pursuit.

1 comment:

Myrtle said...

My Anolon Advanced Bronze pans are non-stick even with eggs! A fried egg, cooked in butter, slide right out. The other day, I was trying to make fried rice and sort of half scrambled eggs in the pan before realizing that I needed to cook the eggs in the rice. I didn't use butter or anything to cook the eggs. So, the pan had stuff on the sides. But as soon as I put the pan under water (a few hours later) the stuff just slid off. Soooooo sorry about your GREEN pan. GREEN pans should never, ever let a cook down because they are GREEN!