Monday, July 28, 2008

A man and his Legos and a girl and her bear





Here is my husband with his most favorite toy. My parents, his parents, and I all pitched in and bought him some Legos for his birthday. It is a set called Town Plan, and it's the 50 years anniversary edition.























And here is Ellie, not going to bed. After being rocked and having prayed and being put in bed, she declared, as she does most every night, that she did not want to go to bed. She even went so far as to come up with an 'I have to go poopy to take up more time' excuse, even already having gone potty not 10 minutes before.

I told her to go ahead and to call me when she was done. She whined that she wanted me to stay with her. I told her she had two choices to go back to bed or go potty and call me when she was done to make sure she was cleaned up properly. She whined some more, I told her I wasn't playing this game, and I walked away.

Later when I went up to check on her, I found her like this, asleep, dangling off the top step.

No comments: