Friday, November 14, 2008

In Sickness

I was in pain all day yesterday. My stomach was revolting the no food thing, but also revolted when it was confronted with food. The lemonade did nothing, but endear itself to me less and less. By the afternoon, my mouth would let none of it pass.

Gary and I had decided to end the diet at dinner, but I couldn't even wait that long. I made some squash soup and had some by 3:30. I actually thought that I would feel better. But I was so mistaken.

My twisting insides sent me to bed after Gary arrived home. [I stayed in bed for 10 hours.] This morning I had Cheeios. Lunch found me eating the soup again. I did notice that the pain, mercifully, did lessen after each meal, until finally I am typing pain free.

I am confident that it would take a serious event for me to try that diet again.

I will make one comment about the "smooth move" laxitive tea. It works. After my Wednesday experience, I doubt I will be trying the salt water colon cleanser anytime soon.

1 comment:

J said...

Oh, girl!! I'm convinced to never try this!! Way to go for trying!