Thursday, August 06, 2009

Another scare

At 7:13 this morning I was concerned that my sister might have been killed. I heard a report on the news that a women jogger was killed when a tree branch fell on her. My brain started thinking. Jess has jogged in the past. [Never mind that I can't recall the last time she actually went jogging, nor that she would go early in the morning.] I was concerned. The report came again, this time with a description. The women was in her twenties maybe early thirties, with short brown, curly hair. She was listening to her iPod, so probably didn't hear the branch falling. OK, I thought, that describes Jess. [Never mind that it also describes over 100 other women.] I started crying, visibly upset. I get up and grab the phone to call Jess. Reason sets in, and I put it down. But I'm still upset - what if? Gary says to call. So at 7:17 I call my sister. Of course she answers, alive and well, and still in bed. After an explanation for my call, she says "I'm going back to sleep now."

I love you, Jess!

No comments: