Thursday, August 06, 2009

Prayers for your day

Yesterday, as I read in the Daily Prayer of the Lutheran Service Book, I came upon this little phrase: "on this day when the work of our calling begins anew." It brought me to tears. As I am sure you are well aware, I struggle with being a mom once in a while. Those words brought a sense of purpose and renewed strength.

Today I read through the Daily Prayer again and caught the rest of the prayer. [Yesterday my focus was on the phrase above.]
"Almighty Father, merciful God, who created and completed all things, on this day when the work of our calling begins anew, we implore You to create its beginning, direct its continuance, and bless its end, that our doings may be preserved from sin, our like sanctified, and our work this day be well pleasing to You; through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen."

"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend my myself, my body and soul, and all things (children.) Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen"

No comments: