Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Growing Kids God's Way

Since starting this class, I have noticed a difference in our parenting and our children's behavior. I want to wax poetically about the instruction found in the workbook, but I can't seem to put it into words.

Here goes my waxing.

Three things I have learned:
  1. My job as a parent is to raise a woman and man to obey God. As they learn to obey me, they learn to obey God.
  2. If I give an instruction, and it is not obeyed as it should be, and I do nothing or ask again and again, I am teaching my child it is OK to disobey.
  3. Be consistent. Be consistent. Be consistent.
For all that is covered in the class, my list isn't much. Just know that it is definitely worth the time. We have a few classes left, and I will definitely miss our weekly support in parenting.

No comments: