Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Stuck with a smell

Monday night I finally got around to folding a load of laundry I did last Wednesday. I picked up my jeans and put my hand in the pocket to smooth it. I noticed the corner was stiff and there was an awful smell. I sniffed the pocket corner and grimaced. I had Gary smell it; He suggested cat urine. I thought that no, definitely not cat urine, because I am quite familiar with that smell, and this wasn't it. I thought ans thought what I could have had in my pocket that would create such and odor. I knew I recognized the smell and finally put a name to it. It smelled like an algae encrusted fish tank. Now to figure out why that smell was in my pocket.

I smelled other pieces of laundry in that load. All the same nasty smell. I put the load back in the basket to be washed again.

Well, now the load has been washed three more times, one just another wash, one with Nature's miracle (the cat urine remover,) and one with almost an entire box of baking soda. Each time I rewashed, I let the load soak. Still smells, but I believe the smell is decreasing.

After the first rewash, I finally remembered what I had in my pocket: fish oil pills. I took them with us when Gary and I had dinner out. We forgot to take them, and I forgot to check my pockets before throwing them in the washer.

I know Nature's Miracle will get the smell out, I just wonder how many washes it will take.

1 comment:

J said...

The ending to that story = priceless.