Thursday, December 03, 2009

Rice milk anyone?

Josh had his three year checkup. I told his doctor about his bowel issues. [Call me if you don't know and want details.] He suggested buying Lactaid milk. After looking up much information about lactose intolerance and milk allergy on the handy Internet, I decided that if his problem is milk, than he should be off dairy altogether, not just switching milks.

So, today started our journey of no dairy for Josh for two weeks, a road Josh doesn't really care for even though he doesn't know he's on it. He cares not for rice milk and tried, emphatically, to wipe it off his tongue. He didn't like his brush with soy cheese, but I can't blame him.

It was also suggested to add more fiber to his diet. I used my trusty Internet and bought prune juice, very high in fiber. If I mask it with the correct proportion of apple cider, both kids drink it.

I still have ground flaxseed to buy and bran muffins to make.

2 comments:

J said...

Send me a message with what's going on. We went through a lot with Adah and bowel issues, so maybe we can help. Praying for him! And, you all!

Claire Boyles said...

We had this issue with Simon too. And I have to say that going with goat was much better protein and brain building fats wise, than was our time on rice milk. But he was younger when we tried it. I don't like goat milk from the store, but really can't taste a difference with super fresh goat milk. Perhaps you could find a farm nearby?