Thursday, December 10, 2009

Milk and soda update

Josh's bottom has been doing much better. And there have been less diaper changes needed. We still have rice milk to use, and I don't know if I'll be buying more. I might try goat's milk again. Just for kicks, several months ago, I bought goat's milk for the kids to try. They actually asked for it, though I must have suggested it, since they wouldn't have come up with that request on their own. They didn't so much care for it.

With taking Josh off cow's milk, I thought I'd try some very expensive goat's cheese, since the soy cheese didn't work out. He didn't have a problem with the grilled goat cheese sandwich. And today I found goat's milk sliced cheese and goat's milk shredded mozzarella cheese and goat's milk yogurt at Trader Joe's.

We haven't had Josh exclusively off cow's milk, but for the most part he hasn't had any. I was wondering if we should try putting him back on it to see if the symptoms return.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And I found a less expensive natural soda. Much more economical.

1 comment:

Claire Boyles said...

With Simon, we were told six weeks off to really get it out of his system, and then try again every two months or so. It always took a few weeks to see the negative effects with him, too. It was sort of cumulative, apparently. Good luck.