Friday, April 02, 2010

The Potty Train

Last week, Josh's bed had to be changed five times, because his diaper leaked. It was time for the next size up at night.

Friday, my mom asked him when he was going to use the potty. He said in three days.

Monday morning Josh's diaper was dry, so I decided now was a good time to stick him on the potty. I knew he had to go. He fought me, whined, cried, carried on. I made him sit there until he calmed down, then I let him get down. All day it was business as usual in his diaper. We put the kids to bed by 8:00. At 9:55 Josh starts calling out. I go in and he tells me he has to tinkle. Sure enough his diaper is dry. We head to the potty. I run up to the attic for the potty seat. he looks at it and wants to know where the things are on the side. I hurry (I don't know how long I have until he can't hold it anymore) downstairs for the other potty seat with handles. He sits a few moments and puts his tinkle in the potty. Much praise and congratulations follow. With diaper back in place, he goes back in bed.

Next morning, his diaper is dry, and he uses the potty again.

Several more times this week, he has used the potty. But never for pooping. Unfortunately, I think it will still be a while before that happens.

No comments: