Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Apple Store

And I don't mean an eating apple store, either.

I was having trouble updating my iPod to the next version. My updated iTunes kept telling me the iPod had the latest version, which it didn't. After several attempts to fix it myself and calling Apple tech support, I ended up at an Apple Store with an appointment at the Genius Bar.

If you've been to one, you know what it's like. [I assume all stores are alike.] If not, then . . . I walked into a cacophony that was the Apple store. There were large work tables set up on either side as you walk in. The first one on the left had six iPod stations, the right had six iPhone stations. Next were the tables with laptops of all sizes and next came the desktops and iPads. Around the perimeter were more of the same. There were no less than twenty people walking around in blue shirts emblazoned with the Apple logo. And the place was packed with customers. I checked in with the Apple employ holding an iPad. I waited for my turn. When it was my turn, the guy took my iPod asked me my troubles and tried to update it himself. His iTunes immediately asked if he wanted to update the iPod, which of course it would since he's the Apple guy. He asked if I had all my stuff on my iTunes, which I do, so he updated it at the store. Before I left, I tried loading an App that I couldn't load before, to make sure it worked. It did, and I was on my merry way.

I'd also like to note that during the update waiting time, Josh informed me that he had to use the potty. Since I am all for him using a potty and not his diaper, I told the Genius Bar guy that I'd be right back. We hurried to Neiman Marcus for him to use the potty. He didn't produce anything, but at least he asked. He did, however, create a dirty diaper before we left the store.

No comments: