Thursday, September 09, 2010

Now you see it . . .


I started digging at 1:15



































Josh helping me.









. . . now you don't. I was done at 3:30. There were two breaks.


I decided to move the pile of dirt for several reasons. The main one being, it was in the way. Come snow time, we can't really have the cars on the rode out front, with plows coming through. Indian rocks has asked residents to move cars off the road to make room for the plows. We have the back driveway, but the boat made it harder to use. But the boat was taken away yesterday. So that left the large pile of dirt. More than once I wondered how the pile got there in the first place. I don't remember it always being there, and there aren't any hole it would have come from.

As I looked around with the boat being gone, my eyes kept coming back to the pile. It had to go. Then Gary could pull the car in with nothing in the way, back up into the new spot, and easily turn around and to pull out of the driveway. He had tried doing that with the boat and dirt pile still there. He gave up and has been parking on the street. Let's see where he parks tomorrow.

My next project is to make room in the cellar for my car. Some people think it won't fit, but I'm going to try.

No comments: